Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness To Tweens and Teens
- Where: A brilliant, partnering Center City Philadelphia Yoga Center (TBA soon!)
- When: 2017 and 2018 dates are coming soon!
- More Information Please: This 12-hour, affordably crafted training is designed especially for those yoga teachers wanting to be able to package the asana, pranayama, and meditation practices they already know how to teach, into a format that is engaging, meaningful and developmentally appropriate for children Age 12-18.
- Completion of a 200 hour adult RYT program (required).
- Yoga Child Level I training: “Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness to Children, Pre-K through Grade 5 (recommended).
- Training discounts are available to graduates of the adult RYT program offered by the center city yoga studio with which we are partnering.
- Graduates are eligible for paid work with Yoga Child Inc., teaching yoga and mindfulness in schools. We can also refer you to The School Mindfulness Project, a Philadelphia based emerging non-profit organization which will soon be hiring teen and tween yoga teachers for their in-school yoga and mindfulness programming.
- RCYT Eligibility and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Child is a Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS), and our training staff are Registered Children’s Yoga Teachers (RCYT), and Experienced Registered Adult Yoga Teachers (E-RYT). This means that any trainings you take with us can be used toward receiving your status as an RCYT with the Yoga Alliance.
- 95 hours of training specific to children’s yoga (plus your adult RYT status and 30 hours of teaching yoga to children) is required to receive your RCYT status with the Yoga Alliance. You can garner these hours from a combination of our children’s yoga teacher trainings.
- Continuing Yoga Education credits are available for this program.
Please check back soon for dates and details regarding registration.