Classes For Pre-School Through Grade 12
The benefits that come with a weekly yoga and mindfulness class are numerous and are often apparent within a few weeks of beginning our program. As yoga and mindfulness educators we relish the shifts and transformations that so readily surface in the yoga classroom. Among our favorites are the improved physical and emotional strength and balance that students discover through yoga, the improved ability to focus their attention, and the newfound ability to self-regulate their behavior through their breath.
Yoga Child offers three simple ways to bring our programs to your school. Explore them below, or learn more about all that makes our Registered Yoga Alliance program so successful by reading our Facts and FAQ’s.
- Yoga, Mindfulness and The Mat classes
- Desk and Chair Mindful-Movement classes
- Become a School Mindfulness Project school partner (By clicking this link you will be leaving this website)
Class in Action
What Students and Teachers Are Saying
"Yoga helps me come to my safe place. It helps me concentrate on my work."
Yoga, Mindfulness and The Mat Classes
Our signature “on-the mat” yoga and mindfulness class, offered in area schools since 2002, is a consistent crowd pleaser among teachers, students and school organizations. The curriculum, drawn from the basic tenets of yoga and mindfulness, employs a thematic approach that is sure to engage. Filled with inspiring poses and easy-to- learn and easy-to-recall mindfulness activities for students and teachers, this class offers all participants the opportunity for improved physical and emotional wellbeing. A certified Yoga Child staff member will come to your school and teach your students a developmentally appropriate Yoga Child class which includes:
- Fundamental yoga postures for strength and stability
- Yoga based games for non-competitive fun
- Relaxation methods for restoring natural energy
- Signature Magical Meditations as heard on our Parents Choice Recommended music compilation.
- Mindfulness & breathing practice for improved focus and attention
- Yoga literature, yoga journaling, music & songs for self-expression
- Lessons for taking mindfulness off the mat and into our everyday lives
- Mindfulness practices as illuminated in the award-winning Anh’s Anger children’s book trilogy.
Preschoolers will enjoy fanciful yoga themes inspired by seasons and imaginary travels. A typical yoga class will begin with a yoga game, followed by magical meditations, a yoga journey employing asana instruction, a yoga based story or song, a quiet game, a lesson in mindfulness, a guided rest and time for sharing.
Class length: 30 minutes
Class Size: 10-12 students per class
Minimum contract time: One hour per week at one location for the duration of a thirty-six week school year.View Rates
Mindful Movement Classes
Drawn from Yoga Child’s award-winning yoga and mindfulness curriculum, and providing many of the same great benefits as our on-the mat classes, this program is ideal for schools that do not have space for a traditional yoga class or for those schools seeking a greater emphasis on mindfulness. Fifty percent yoga and fifty percent experiential and educational mindfulness, this desk and chair yoga and mindfulness class provides the perfect opportunity for students to refresh and recharge in the very spot where they do their learning, helping them to de-stress and to refocus for whatever lies ahead.
Class Length: 30 minutes
Cost: $70 per class
Minimum Contract Time: One hour per week for the thirty-six week school year