Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness To Tweens and Teens
Become A Tween and Teen Yoga and Mindfulness Educator
What You Will Learn: This 20 hour, affordably crafted training is designed especially for those yoga teachers wanting to be able to package the asana, pranayama, and meditation practices they already know how to teach, into a format that is engaging, meaningful and developmentally appropriate for adolescents age 11-18. You will learn how to reach your students by teaching asana, meditation and mindfulness in a thematic format that reaches adolescents where they are, and provides them with skills and life lessons they can take with them beyond the four corners of their mat. With this training, comes the opportunity to observe two hours of classroom teaching in a Philadelphia area school. Additional observation and teaching experience can be obtained in the Yoga Child Apprenticeship, or Level II training.
- Completion of a 200 hour adult RYT program.
- Yoga teaching experience (preferred).
EMPLOYMENT WITH YOGA CHILD
- Graduates are eligible for paid work with Yoga Child Inc., teaching yoga and mindfulness in schools. For those without yoga teaching experience, or little experience working with teens and tweens, The Yoga Child Level II apprenticeship may be recommended as a next step before applying for a position with Yoga Child. This is where you can receive field experience teaching your new skill in the classroom under the supervision of an experienced Yoga Child Mentor. We can also refer you to The School Mindfulness Project, a Philadelphia based emerging non-profit organization which will soon be hiring teen and tween yoga teachers for their in-school yoga and mindfulness programming.
RCYT Eligibility and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Child is a Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS), and our training staff are Registered Children’s Yoga Teachers (RCYT), and Experienced Registered Adult Yoga Teachers (E-RYT). This means that any trainings you take with us can be used toward receiving your status as an RCYT with the Yoga Alliance.
- 95 hours of training specific to children’s yoga (plus your adult RYT status and 30 hours of teaching yoga to children) is required to receive your RCYT status with the Yoga Alliance. You can garner these hours from a combination of our children’s yoga teacher trainings.
- Continuing Yoga Education credits are available for this program.
Yoga Child is not offering this training at this time. Please check back for future dates.
Reserve Your Space
A 10% non-refundable deposit plus a $50 registration fee can be paid to the hosting facility, studio or retreat center to reserve your space in our training programs. Please review and return the following forms to email@example.com at the time of your registration:
- YCTT Registration Form and Waiver of Liability
- YC Practice Guidelines 2017
Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness to Teens and Tweens: A Yoga Child Teacher Training Program
Combine Your Teen and Tween training with Yoga Child’s Level I Teacher Training, Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness To Children, Pre-School through Grade 5:
Don’t miss out on our early registration discounts!